CovidMD is a group of healthcare entrepreneurs and physicians who are building a new telemedicine service to help the public with COVID-19 via live video chat with physicians.
What is the credentialing process for CovidMD?
Required to qualify at this time:
- For MD's and DO's you MUST be Board Certified. Board Eligible does not qualify.
- For Psychiatrists you MUST be Board Certified. Board Eligible does not qualify
- For Psychologist you MUST be licensed.
- You MUST be an MD, DO or Ph.D for Licensed Psychologist. NP's and PA's do not qualify.
- You MUST have an active state license.
Step 1. Within 48 hours, you’ll receive the following emails:
(a) An automated email from CredentialGenie to create a login for your CovidMD provider account and provide your credentialing files.
(b) An email from a Credentialing Specialist at CredentialGenie to help assist with the process or answer any questions.
(c) An email from Checkr, a background screening company, to complete the background check.
Step 2. Upon receiving the credentialing files and background screening information listed above, CredentialGenie will review and finalize the process and notify you within 5-7 business days. If you have any pending malpractice claims, board actions or settlements the credentialing process may take additional time and we may reach out to you for additional documentation.
For additional information about CovidMD please click HERE for a list of FAQ's